The Premier League has seen many great strikers over the years, but here are some of the best of all time, in no particular order:
- Alan Shearer: Shearer is the all-time leading scorer in the Premier League, with 260 goals in 441 appearances. He won the league title with Blackburn Rovers in 1995 and was a prolific scorer for Newcastle United.
- Thierry Henry: Henry scored 175 Premier League goals in 258 appearances for Arsenal, winning two league titles and four Golden Boots. He is widely regarded as one of the greatest players in the history of the game. View the all time top goalscorer list for Arsenal FC for clarity on just how good Thierry was.
- Wayne Rooney: Rooney scored 208 Premier League goals in 491 appearances for Everton and Manchester United. He won five league titles, a Golden Boot, and the PFA Player of the Year award twice.
- Sergio Aguero: Aguero scored 184 Premier League goals in 275 appearances for Manchester City, winning four league titles and a Golden Boot. He is one of the most lethal and consistent strikers of the Premier League era.
- Cristiano Ronaldo: While not an out-and-out striker, Ronaldo scored 84 Premier League goals in 196 appearances for Manchester United, winning three league titles and a Golden Boot. He went on to become one of the greatest players of all time.
- Didier Drogba: Drogba scored 104 Premier League goals in 254 appearances for Chelsea, winning four league titles and a Golden Boot. He was a dominant force in the league and a big-game player, scoring crucial goals in cup finals.
The Game Reviews top strikers choice of all time have been added below. These 3 players are undoubtedly some of the best Iconic strikers to have ever played in the Premier League. There are many other great strikers who have graced the Premier League over the years, including Eric Cantona, Robbie Fowler, Michael Owen, and Luis Suarez, to name just a few. Read about the Top Premier League midfielders with the Game Reviews team review.
The Great Eric Cantona
Eric Cantona is a retired French footballer who played as a striker. He is widely regarded as one of the most talented and influential players of his generation. Cantona played for several top European clubs during his career, including Manchester United, Leeds United, Marseille, and Nimes.
Cantona’s most successful spell was at Manchester United, where he played between 1992 and 1997, winning four Premier League titles and two FA Cups. He was known for his exceptional technical ability, vision, and creativity on the pitch, as well as his enigmatic personality off it. He was also known for his flair, skill, and theatrical celebrations. The Football 24-7 football betting sites list has often featured Eric for top goalscoring bets.
Eric Cantona was a controversial figure at times and had several run-ins with the football authorities during his career. He retired from football in 1997 at the age of 30, having won a total of 20 major trophies throughout his career. After retiring, Cantona pursued a career in acting and has appeared in several films and television shows. He remains a revered figure in football and is regarded as a legend at Manchester United, where he is affectionately known as “King Eric” by fans. Why not read about the latest mobile game reviews for something alternative.
The King of Liverpool “ Luis Suarez”
Luis Suarez is a Uruguayan footballer who currently plays as a striker for Atletico Madrid and the Uruguay national team. He is widely regarded as one of the best forwards of his generation, known for his exceptional technical ability, goal-scoring prowess, and competitive spirit.
Suarez began his professional career in Uruguay with Nacional before moving to the Netherlands to play for Groningen and Ajax. He rose to prominence during his time at Liverpool in the Premier League, where he scored 82 goals in 133 appearances and won the Premier League Golden Boot in the 2013-14 season.
In 2014, Suarez moved to Barcelona for a reported fee of €82 million and formed a fearsome attacking trio with Lionel Messi and Neymar, helping Barcelona win numerous domestic and international titles, including four La Liga titles and the UEFA Champions League. He scored a total of 198 goals in 283 appearances for Barcelona.
Suarez has also enjoyed great success with the Uruguay national team, winning the Copa America in 2011 and reaching the semi-finals of the 2010 World Cup and the quarter-finals of the 2018 World Cup. He has scored 64 goals in 123 appearances for Uruguay, making him the country’s all-time leading scorer.
Throughout his career, Suarez has been involved in several controversial incidents on and off the pitch, including biting incidents and racially charged comments. However, he remains widely admired for his skill and tenacity as a player. Read about other football gaming reviews with Game-Reviews.org.uk today!
The Iconic Robbie Fowler
Robbie Fowler is a retired English footballer who played as a striker for several English clubs, including Liverpool, Leeds United, Manchester City, and Blackburn Rovers. He is widely regarded as one of the most talented and prolific goalscorers of his generation.
Fowler began his professional career at Liverpool, where he made his debut in 1993 at the age of 18. He quickly established himself as a regular starter and became known for his clinical finishing and goal-scoring ability. In the 1995-96 season, he scored 36 goals in all competitions, earning him the nickname “God” among Liverpool fans.
Fowler went on to score a total of 183 goals in 369 appearances for Liverpool, helping the team win a number of domestic and European trophies, including the FA Cup, League Cup, and UEFA Cup. He also won 26 caps for the England national team, scoring 7 goals.
After leaving Liverpool FC in 2001, Fowler played for several other English clubs, including Leeds United, Manchester City, and Blackburn Rovers. He continued to score goals regularly, but his career was hampered by injuries.
Fowler retired from professional football in 2012 and has since become involved in coaching and punditry. He is widely admired for his achievements as a player and his dedication to his hometown club of Liverpool, where he remains a beloved figure among fans.
Back to the Game Reviews homepage >>